Friday, December 19, 2008


Last Friday, a fire broke out in Kampung Damai. It happened when everyone was fast asleep.
Nek Jah, the house owner, was alone in the house. Her husband and son had gone to Kuala Lumpur for a few days to sell their farm produce. Nek Jah had a long day at her farm and so was very tired. She wanted to drink a cup of coffee before she went to bed. She took a kettle full of water and left it to boil.
Unfortunately, she fell asleep while waiting for the water to boil. Suddenly, she heard people shouted ‘fire! Fire! ‘. She realized that she had to get out her house fast. A neighbour broke into the house and pulled her out to safety.
The fire spread all over her wooden house very fast. A few neighbours managed to save some of her belongings. They saved her washing machine and sofa set. Some other neighbours tried to put out the fire. The fire brigade was called but arrived late because Kampung Damai is located about 80 kilometres away from the fire station. Nek Jah’s house was burnt down completely but the villagers were glad that their favourite neighbour was safe.
The neighbours and everyone living in Kampung Damai promised to rebuild Nek Jah’s house. Everyone collected some money to help Nek Jah. Nek Jah was grateful to her kind neighbours.
Her husband and son were called home immediately.They were relief that Nek Jah was safe and unhurt.They were grateful to live in a village full of people with “golden heart”.

Clip art:Taken from

No comments: